GPI Case Study
Our sustainable strategies come from our award-winning, robust market access data. In this latest case study we identified the relative clinical positioning in core EU markets while defining realistic value-based price estimations within the ultra-orphan space.
GPI’s consulting team leverage our data and analytics platform pulse™ and HORIZON methodology to assist a number of our clients analyse and define their market access strategy. In this case study, we examine how GPI Consulting identified the relative clinical positioning in core EU markets while defining realistic value-based price estimations within the ultra-orphan space.
- A small-sized pharma company has developed Product X for an ultra-orphan disorder with upcoming launches across key EU markets in 2021.
- EU payers have fed back difficulties in seeing Product X’s value – not perceived as ‘high value’ curative treatment; therefore, defending a price premium is complex
- Due to lack of precedence in the therapeutic landscape, the company had challenges in identifying applicable analogue cases – Also had challenges in pinpointing Product X’s relative value positioning and how this can potentially be translated to a price point
1. Analogue Analysis
2. Local Value Framework development & product/analogue scoring
3. Validation of perceived product/analogue value via payer surveys
4. Define local price corridor & Value-price analysis to identify potential price point
- GPI identified key value drivers considered by payers during HTA across major EU markets within the rare disease space
- GPI HORIZON™ analysis demonstrated considerable correlation between value and price within all markets in scope; providing a reason to believe that value-based pricing may no longer be a theoretical concept across EU
- Findings, alongside other parallel research was socialised with internal company stakeholders at the company to strengthen value positioning defence in external negotiations and also inform pricing strategy
Find out more about GPI
If you want to find out more about how GPI can help your business or about our services, please fill out the enquiry form below.