Commercial Development Manager
London, North Row, 64 North Row, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL
We are on the lookout for a Commercial Development Manager to join our team. As a Commercial Development Manager, you will be tasked with generating new and renewal business from biopharma, consultancies, financial institutions and payers as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face in US and Europe.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Promoting and marketing through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails, and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Identifying and driving sales opportunities with potential new clients by getting involved in physical and online marketing, bid preparation and client presentations.
- Identifying processes for vendor selection and procurement list entry
- Cultivating and contributing to a positive work environment through knowledge sharing, team building and rallying behind new initiatives and efforts across the organization
- Keeping the client informed of our development plans and identifying opportunities to upsell new tools, features, data and services and working collaboratively with colleagues to manage the opportunity to close process
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a range of GPI products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
To be successful, you will have:
- Good understanding of market access processes in the biopharmaceutical space
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies and concepts easily
- A solid foundation of Excel, PPT and Word skills
- Flexibility to travel to clients when needed
What you will bring:
- Building leads and network of experience combined with technical/data expertise
- 3 to 5 years experience in ability to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction (high renewal rates, client saves, testimonials)
- Degree in pharmaceutical, life science or healthcare related field required
- Business Intelligence sales experience highly preferential, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers beneficial
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Experience of selling internationally
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong desire and agility to succeed and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to put themselves in the shoes of the client, identify their problems and translate our services and products into solutions
- Natural at building strong relationships and gaining credibility as a trusted advisor.
- Thoughtful, with a proven track record of engaging clients and understanding their business, strategic goals and how they define success with our solutions.
- An outstanding communicator, able to provide a single point of contact for your client on all matters regarding PMA, data, and technology related
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within defined timelines
- A keenness to learn and commitment to a rapid development curve
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment
Share this job:
GPI is a price and market access insights company, providing innovative approaches to the biopharma industry. Headquartered London, GPI utilise analytical approaches to provide evidence-based decision support, helping clients to make better investment decisions.
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and collaboration. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a powerful data analytics platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
- GPI horizon: dynamic value assessment and price forecasting solution
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org