Cambridge, Sterling House, Cambridge Innovation Park, Denny End Rd, Cambridge CB25 9QE
As one of the early members of our new Data Science team, our Data Scientists will need to identify, assess, and execute on opportunities to squeeze insights out of our rich corpus of data. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the formation of a brand-new team, with the added advantage of a rich endowment of data to work with from day 1. We’re looking for data scientists who can help us realise the hidden potential of our data. The ideal candidates will be capable of balancing blue-sky exploration with addressing commercial priorities.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Applying data science techniques to extract insights from our large, proprietary corpus of pricing and market access data.
- Utilising machine learning to augment our human intelligence and accelerate our data ingest processes.
- Work alongside our software engineers to take models/analyses all the way to live, production systems.
- Identifying and (working with our analysts and developers as appropriate) implementing appropriate technologies.
- Explaining techniques used in plain, jargon-free language, to ensure the business (and sometimes clients) fully understand the benefits and any limitations.
- Establish and maintain a collegiate culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- Mentoring and developing more junior members of the team.
- Staying abreast of new tools and techniques and applying them appropriately.
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with advanced statistical techniques
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language with good data science support (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Some experience working within/alongside an agile software development process
What you will bring:
- Master’s degree or PhD in a numerate discipline (e.g. Maths, physics, computer science, statistics, psychology, etc.)
- Desirable: Certifications in machine learning technologies
- Desirable: Portfolio of work
- An insatiable curiosity and a drive to explore.
- A knack for telling stories with data – turning numbers into narrative.
- Commitment to sharing knowledge with others in the team and helping with colleague’s professional development
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within defined timelines
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment
Share this job:
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and change is good. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
GPI is a market leader in analytics and innovative solutions for pharmaceutical pricing, market access and commercial strategy. Headquartered London, with offices in Cambridge and Mumbai, GPI support price decision-making throughout the lifecycle and help the industry achieve day-to-day operational improvement and market access excellence.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a cloud-based business intelligence platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to email@example.com