Head of Technology
London, North Row, 64 North Row, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL
The Head of Technology (HoT) has overall responsibility for the architecture and delivery of the technology which underpins GPIs customer facing platforms.
The HoT is responsible for the platform roadmap ensuring that development teams are organised to deliver the priorities identified by Product Management. The HoT will be responsible for right sizing the teams to deliver by creatively organising the people, processes and technologies leveraging 3rd parties to help scale capabilities.
They will be responsible for the overall delivery of GPIs platforms. From capturing the requirements generated by the client facing teams and ensuring that they are appropriately prioritised against internal system requirements through to the day-to-day and strategic management of the development team, ensuring that software is delivered on time and to demanding quality standards.
They will lead, develop, and motivate their teams to exceed client expectations and providing expert technical guidance and support for the sales and consultancy teams.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Being responsible for the GPIs platform architecture, technology IP and know-how
- Partnering with 3rd parties to scale capabilities
- Ensuring that the development team(s), buy into the business strategy, appreciate their role in making it happen and are motivated towards delivery
- Day-to-day management of the development team (s), from technical assistance, through to performance management, ensuring that projects are adequately resourced, and that talent is nurtured and developed
- Ensuring that platform reliability, ease of use, functionality and feature delivery promote customer satisfaction
- Staying abreast of developments in technology (and encouraging the team to do the same), so that we may benefit from advances as quickly as possible.
- Development time if required
- Overall management of the technical aspects of the corporate website, including managing access, security, upgrades and ensuring that uptime is maintained.
- Hiring the best talent to support our mission. Raising employer branding and developing our EVP, utilising outsourced teams as appropriate to enhance our capability.
Key Subject Matter / Technical Skills:
- Strong leadership skills to get the best results from what will inevitably be an expensive team.
- Engineering background, with the expertise necessary both to retain the respect of the developers and to ensure we make prudent technology decisions
- Adopts a “cloud first” approach
- Understanding of DevOps techniques, including CI/CD, monitoring, and infrastructure automation
- Appreciation for Agile frameworks and their application to software development
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical pricing and market access, and the value that up-to-date information can provide to all sector participants
- Extremely strong written and spoken English
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills, able to present information in compelling and creative ways
- Ability to grow and develop team and attract the best talent
- Degree educated in computer science or related discipline
- A can-do attitude, always looking for opportunities to drive the organisation forward through collaborating with client delivery teams
- An exceptional communicator, able to translate business strategy into a development roadmap
- An ability to foresee risks and roadblocks and take early evasive action to resolve issues without compromising on delivery
- Exceptional planning and project management
- Customer focused mindset
Share this job:
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and change is good. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
GPI is a market leader in analytics and innovative solutions for pharmaceutical pricing, market access and commercial strategy. Headquartered London, with offices in Cambridge and Mumbai, GPI support price decision-making throughout the lifecycle and help the industry achieve day-to-day operational improvement and market access excellence.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a cloud-based business intelligence platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org