London, North Row, 64 North Row, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL
The Scrum Master’s Day to day responsibilities will include identifying and resolving weaknesses in software development, collaborating with the business development team, capturing client and market requirements, and improving on documentation to enable efficiency in software development. As Scrum Master, you will be able to unblock, manage and report on development progress in order to ensure software is delivered on time and to demanding quality standards. The Scrum Master plays a big role in setting the culture and norms of a team, which can have a massive effect on morale, motivation, creativity, and productivity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring the software development teams, wherever they are based, buy into Agile method, and are motivated towards delivery
- Overseeing the delivery of releases from conception to production, ensuring that schedules and quality standards are upheld
- Releasing blocks to project delivery, whether this is by direct intervention or liaising with colleagues in other teams
- Driving continuous improvement in process and teamwork, drawing on knowledge of Agile development practices
- Keeping stakeholders abreast of project progress
- Guiding the teams to be effective, self-organising, and empowered
- Building a trusting and safe environment with an emphasis on learning rather than blame
Key Subject Matter / Technical Skills:
- 2 years (or equivalent) experience in a Scrum Master role.
- A deep understanding of one or more Agile methodologies, along with the pragmatism needed to apply them judiciously.
- You evangelise Agile methodology, acting as a mentor for software developers and stakeholders, to achieve the maximum active participation.
- A proven ability to deliver projects in an Agile environment across distributed teams.
- You have an enthusiastic, energetic, and can-do attitude, always looking for opportunities to drive the organisation forward through collaborating with teams across the company
- An ability to foresee risks and roadblocks and take early evasive action to resolve issues without compromising on delivery
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market access, pricing and remuneration industry would be an advantage but far from essential
- Familiarity with the development of web-based software would be advantageous.
- An appreciation of tools (both those for Agile processes and those used by developers) would be a bonus. (We use lots of tools, but the big ones are: Azure DevOps, Git, Visual Studio, and Azure.)
Share this job:
GPI is a price and market access insights company, providing innovative approaches to the biopharma industry. Headquartered London, GPI utilise analytical approaches to provide evidence-based decision support, helping clients to make better investment decisions.
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and collaboration. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a powerful data analytics platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
- GPI horizon: dynamic value assessment and price forecasting solution
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to email@example.com