Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Cambridge, Sterling House, Cambridge Innovation Park, Denny End Rd, Cambridge CB25 9QE
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer the successful candidate will be key member of our in-house engineering team. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of systems including our web platforms and our internal automation and data processing systems.
Having just launched an exciting new web platform, we are looking for developers with experience in Dotnet Core and Angular.
The Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer is also responsible for assisting with the resolution of client queries, mentoring the more junior members of the team, and helping to refine the team’s processes.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the scrum team to deliver a high-quality product
- Implementing features and resolving bugs as per the sprint plan
- Researching potential solutions and estimating future work
- Using techniques such as unit testing to ensure code correctness
- Participating in code review, to help raise levels of code quality across the team
- Collaborating closely with the QA team to facilitate efficient and effective testing
- Contributing to sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Following, supporting, and enhancing the team code standards and development strategy
- Assisting in customer support queries when escalated by the client facing teams
- Mentoring and developing more junior members of the team
- Staying abreast of new tools and techniques and applying them appropriately
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience delivering high quality software in an agile environment
- Strong C#/Dotnet Core development skills
- Competent in at least one modern FE framework (we use* Angular 11, Typescript)
- Understanding of architecting software for the cloud (e.g. microservices)
- Able to perform architectural and design duties to build scalable, data heavy applications
- Appreciation of available cloud services (we use* Azure)
- Appreciation of the value of unit tests and code review
- Some exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines (we use* Azure DevOps)
NB: Where “we use” something, experience does not necessarily have to be in this same technology – applicable experience in equivalent technologies is fine. Our stack is mentioned simply to provide some idea of what the successful candidate would be working with.
What you will bring:
- A passion for developing code “the right way” according to sound development principles
- Commitment to sharing knowledge with others in the team and helping with colleague’s professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within defined timelines
- A keenness to learn and commitment to trying new techniques
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment
Share this job:
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and change is good. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
GPI is a market leader in analytics and innovative solutions for pharmaceutical pricing, market access and commercial strategy. Headquartered London, with offices in Cambridge and Mumbai, GPI support price decision-making throughout the lifecycle and help the industry achieve day-to-day operational improvement and market access excellence.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a cloud-based business intelligence platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org