Cambridge, Sterling House, Cambridge Innovation Park, Denny End Rd, Cambridge CB25 9QE
As the engineering team grows, we have an emerging need for hands-on technical leadership. Our new Tech Lead will provide guidance on architectural and technology choices, as well as coaching the rest of the team to grow their skills. The Tech Lead will work closely with an established and enthusiastic team of developers, who are spread across Cambridge and Mumbai. The role will have a roaming brief; the Tech Lead will be encouraged to focus on whichever of our work-streams is most in need of their attention from month-to-month. The tech lead will work closely with our team leads and scrum master, as well as deputising for our head of software development as required. Line management would likely form a (small) part of this role, but this is negotiable.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leading by example – demonstrating technical excellence through the delivery of high-quality code.
- Establish and maintain a collegiate culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- Mentoring and developing more junior members of the team, both in the UK and India.
- Active participation in refinement and planning.
- Being available for colleagues when they have technical questions.
- Driving innovation and the exploration of new technologies.
- Establishing and reinforcing best practice.
- Line management of our UK-based developers (currently 3)
- Communicating externally (e.g., in blogs and/or talks) about the work we do
- Providing occasional advice to other teams (e.g. Data Science) when they need to make technology decisions.
To be successful, you will have:
- Highly proficient in at least one of our core programming languages (C# or Typescript) with broad experience in many more (we also use Python, for instance).
- Knowledgeable of cloud-based development practices and architectures.
- Understanding of DevOps principles (incl. CI/CD).
- Appreciation of key security principals and their practical application.
- Experience working within/alongside an agile software development process.
What you will bring:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a STEM subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering production-ready code.
- Commitment to sharing knowledge with others in the team and helping with colleague’s professional development
- Proven ability to maintain strong technical / process / cultural principles in remote teams
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment.
- An ability to balance pragmatism with idealism – understanding how to ship reliable, high-quality code in the face of commercial pressures.
- Ability to explain complex technical decisions to a lay audience and put into the context of building a robust business
Share this job:
As a people-centric organisation, we strive to create opportunities for the best people in the industry. Our cultural values are centred on our corporate values: authenticity, sustainability, quality matters and change is good. Through our training and career programme LEAP we promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together we can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
GPI is a market leader in analytics and innovative solutions for pharmaceutical pricing, market access and commercial strategy. Headquartered London, with offices in Cambridge and Mumbai, GPI support price decision-making throughout the lifecycle and help the industry achieve day-to-day operational improvement and market access excellence.
As a business, we support our biopharma clients through:
- GPI pulse™: a cloud-based business intelligence platform
- GPI consulting: bespoke engagements with a focus on strategic pricing, market access excellence, and commercial strategy
Our mission is to lead the way forward to a future where data-driven strategies are the foundation for confident decision-making. We begin with our clients’ greatest challenges and harness the power of technology and our team of experts to offer holistic solutions.
If you are an ambitious individual, looking for the next step in your career and want to work in a collaborative and open environment, please send across your CV to email@example.com