- As a result of the introduction of the AMNOG (Arzneimittelmarkt-Neuordnungsgesetz) law, the German healthcare system allows free-pricing of drugs within the first 12 months of launch.
- During this period, the G-BA (Gemeinsamer Bundesausschuss) evaluate a drug’s additional benefit versus comparators. The outcome of the assessment guides pricing negotiations for reimbursement, applicable from the 13ᵀᴴ month after launch.
- From 2023, the 12-months free-pricing period will be reduced to 6-months due to recently introduced budget constraining measures in Germany.
The aim of this study was to:
- Assess the relationship between value and price for the free-pricing and the post-assessment period of products (sarilumab, baricitinib, tofacitinib) within a crowded therapeutic area (rheumatoid arthritis, RA)
- Forecast and validate the price of upadacitinib for both pricing periods in Germany
Found this interesting? Download the full research here.
To learn more about what GPI horizon can do for your orphan asset, reach out to us below. You can also stay up-to-date with the latest GPI content by signing up to our newsletter.
Share this research: